Tuesday 21 December 2010

brave new world

I'm going digital


I had no idea how great it would be to read fiction on an iPad, but I can assure you: 
ITS FANTASTIC!
These are the things I love about it:
  1. The dictionary: most of the books I read are written in English, which is not my mother tongue, the possibility to look up words there and then - as I read - is incredible easy in this system, it improves my reading a lot!
  2. I buy most of the books I read from abroad, buying digital = no delay, no postal expenses.
  3. Storage: I'm 43, my house is already filled with books, and yet I have so much more I want to read ...
  4. Order: As long as I can keep track of my iPad I know where to look for my books ...
  5. Ecology: isn't it good to reduce our consumption of paper? And isn't it also an advantage for the environment to stop shipping physical objects around the world???

ps: my first iPad read is Damon Galgut, I tell you more about his brilliant book later on ....

No comments: